Compiled by leading American gardening professionals, scientists, and botanists, Rodale’s Ultimate Encyclopedia of Organic Gardening is the indispensable volume for anyone striving for gardening success the natural way. Just look at a few of the expert organic secrets you’ll find in this amazing volume:
• Blossom Brews. Learn how to make delicious tea from your own chamomile, mints, roses, scented geraniums, bee balm, elderberry, rosemary, and many other plants.
• Want A Top Tomato Crop? Then never plant your tomatoes near your peppers or eggplants!
• Recycled Reservoir. Deliver water directly to plant roots and encourage deeper root systems with a free—and handy!—watering reservoir that you can make in minutes with this item from your recycling bin.
• Easy, Breezy Bulb Guards. Foil hungry rodents out to get your crocus and tulip bulbs by adding a handful of this inexpensive, natural material to each planting hole on top of the bulb—you may even already have some in your driveway!
• Herbal Hero. This common herb does more than just taste great—chopped and scattered in vegetable or flower gardens, the leaves repel aphids, mosquitoes, and mites…it also acts as a fungicide…and even helps slow the growth of pesky milkweed bugs.
• Give Weeds the Cold Shoulder. Grow this easy grain as a winter cover crop during cold months and you’ll dramatically reduce your garden’s weed problems come spring.
• Sweeten Celery? Yes You Can! Covering celery stalks with large cans not only protects them from heavy fall frosts, but also yields much sweeter flavor.